
<>SPAN>Well, ok so I know that in my very firs
t post about Bryson I said that I wasn't going to be doing ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis ) anymore cause he was just HATING it. He would kick and scream and CRY and hit and everything under the sun. Well, I almost did it!!! BUT....After talking to some people
and watching bryson for a couple of days I have come to realize that he really does need more than just school...He does need therapy.
NOW, if it's aba...I don't know but at this point we have NO choice. So I talked to our funding lady and I watched a video of another child in therapy (with a different ABA provider) and really like what I saw. Totally differe
nt than what Bryson was doing. So I though
t to myself "Ok, I think that is it", that is the one for us.......I THINK! She gave me tha
t ABA place (Lovas) and
another
one (Tandum therapys) to look into. I did...and I started ALL the p
aper work on Lovas...but then I talked to the
therapi
st at Tandum Therapys, and I really liked him. I felt like he knew what he was talking about and I just got a
really good vib from him. When I was talking to the oth
er girl from Lovas, I could tell that she wasn't certified and that she was only trained...she may have gone to school but I know that she wasn't certified. I only want the BEST
working with Bryson. So I just didn't feel like that was the one already. Not to mention she sounded like she was 12 on the phone...I felt like I was talking to a daughter or something. Any
ways, in the begining I had went ahead and started doing pa
perwork with Lovas just trying to get him started in something FAST, cause we could lose our funding if we don't use it. So, we are set to do these so called interviews...What they are is, we have to find tutors
to work with Bryson. We hire them and they work with him.....YEAH! I already DON'T li
ke the idea. Ok so, they don't
have to have anythiing....if fact I could hire my own 15 year old son! YEAH...SCARY!!! I don't like the whole idea of having to hire p
eople, and I dont' know what I'm suppose to even ask
them when I intereview them...it's just a mess to me. So anyways, god helped me out and started to give me signs to head me in the right direction. First, when I found out that I could hire ANYONE
to work with Bryson, the first person who popped into my head was Debbie. She is the therapist who
worked with Bryson ri
ght from the beginging. She is from Nevada Early Intervention. So I called her and asked her if she would be interested in
working with Bryson...being a tutor for hi
m. I thought OMG PLEASE LORD HELP ME GET HER BACK FOR HIM~She is truly a GOD SENT! Well as I was talking to her she also
agreed
that Tandum Therapys (Chris Holcomb) is really good and that she has heard some really good things about him. I thought YES! Also,
I talked to Bryson's speech therapist and she also agreed that Chris is REALLY good, cause not only is he a CERTIFIED Applied Behavioral Analysis, he is also
a CERTIFIED SLP (Speech and Language Pathologist)....JAKE POT!!! Then TODAY I
talked with Bryson's teacher at school and she ALSO said that she has heard REALLY good things about Chris. SO, I talked to Clint and he said to cancel eve
rything with Lovas and that WE ARE going to go ahead and go with Chri
s Holco
mb at Tandum Thearpys. I feel REALLY good about this, so hopefully it works. He said that they shouldn't have been holding him down or confining him to a small space AT ALL. That he should enjoy being around them and want to be around them. And let me tell you....that wasn't the case. He HATED them, and that isn't what I wanted. So now we are trying to get him started before Thanksgiving...YIKES....
2 comments:
How great. I am sure it will help. He is lucky to be in your family!
Isn't awesome how God works?!! Ask and desire w/ your whole being and he delivers, right in the knick of time too..lol
Post a Comment