Ok, so today Bryson had a dentist appt....Yeah, not good! He will be having surgery on Jan. 9th to have 6 crowns put on and fillings done!!! YES, this will be a REALLY hard day for me. We had this done with Tristan when he was 2, but this time it will be different cause Bryson and his autism. I REALLY nervous to put him under. They totally reassured me that he will be FINE. I TOTALLY trust the dentist. We have been going to him for a couple of years now so I know that he will be in good hands. And like I said he did Tristans before too. Of course I cried, cause it is always heart breaking to hear that your baby has to be put under. How this all happened and this was the same thing that happend to Tristan, is that I noticed that their front tooth was chipped. So of course I have to take them in, and the dentist (Awesome Dr. Manny Rapp) says, ok, well here are your options. First with Tristan, he was like we can pull them but that would hurt his speech. Or we can crown them. Well, at first we were like CROWN them??? Why would we crown them if they are just going to fall out anyways??? But, as we started to think about it we thought oh my god, we can't leave him toothless tell he is like 6 or 7 or when ever his teeth decide that they want to come in....ah, no! So of course we opted to go with the crowns. So today we where already prepared to here the options. He told us the EXACT samething. We have the opption of pulling the teeth or crowning them. He said that he would actually want to to pull them sense it is somewhat hard to get him to brush anyways. I was like HELL NO!!! I said sorry dr. Manny but doesn't that hurt his speech??? He said I'm not going to lie it will but you always can go to speech therapy. HA!!! Uh we already do....I said NO thank you we will do the crowns. So of course he said that is the better option so we have major work on our part as parents. So today he got x-rays and Bryson did actually pretty good concidering. Of course he didn't want ANYTHING to do with the doctor AT ALL! Dr. Manny also said that they will get EVERYTHING done all in one day, which is WAY nice! Anyways, I thought I would share our heart wrenching news. I will keep you updated. :0(
Sorry no pictures on this one! :0(
1 comment:
OUCH!! Thank God he'll be under, I wouldn't want to be awake for any of that! He'll do just fine Nancy, probably be the best sleep he'll get in a while!...lol
Post a Comment