Saturday, December 6, 2008

Update on ABA

Ok so we have made MANY changes sense my last blog about ABA. Their were SO many options that I had and I was just ready to pull my hair out already. SO, I talked to many people that I REALLY trust and got their opinions and ran with them. They all said the same thing and that was a sign for me and a good enough one at that. Anyways, we are in ABA with Chris Holcomb, I LOVE HIM. HE ROCKS!!! Bryson had a TOUGH first day cause he feel asleep RIGHT when we got their. But we all got through it. The second time was ALOT better, he really got to see Bryson, ya know not the fussy I just woke up Bryson. Anyways, for the first 2 months Chris will be working with just Clint and I, teaching us the do's and don'ts. Then he will come to the house and teach EVERYONE who comes in contact with Bryson as well as the therapist who work with Bryson how work with him and what to teach him and how to discipline him, which I think is AWESOME. But as Clint and I where in our class and Chris was going over stuff about his behavior, I was like you know I REALLY think that EVERY parent should take this...cause man my autistic child is an angle compared to some kids I have seen, HA and that ain't NO LIE! Anyways, everything seems to be going go. Bryson really likes him and that REALLY make me feel good to. I think this was a change and I'm SO glad that I didn't give up like I was about to. And not only is he going to work on behavior issues but speech as well...YAY.
Right now Bryson is REALLY testing mommy, HA! I don't know why but he is hitting ALOT and throwing. I don't know what to do anymore. However, I did talk to a friend and her son bits, throws and hits all the time and he isn't autistic...so ok it's just normal for kids to do this I guess. But it is DRIVING ME NUTS! Mommy is at her wits end.
Mommy, is going through a depression right now. I'm just so upset cause I really want my baby to just TALK already. Don't get me wrong he does talk...but we have to tell him to say it (prompt him) and tell him to use his words and he will TRY. I know that Bryson gets REALLY frustrated cause he can't tell me what he wants and I don't understand. So then we both get frustrated and he starts to cry and I start to cry and I just don't know what to do anymore....I just want to hear "Mommy, I love you" with out me telling him to say it. Or, "hi mommy"...OMG, I would just die...I pray everyday that god will let him talk! Everyone always asks me what I want for Christmas....What I want for Christmas, what I want for Christmas is my baby to talk!!! Can anyone give that to me????
I have been trying to get Bryson back into Occupation Therapy but no luck. No one take insurance so we would have to pay out of pocket, which right now WON'T happen unfortunately. Their IS ONE place that actually does take our insurance but that is on the OTHER SIDE of town AND their is a WAIT LIST, of course! So right now we are in speech 2 days a week and ABA 2 times a week. His teach REALLY wants him in OT outside of school though, she said he really needs it...WE are trying!
Speaking of teacher, his teacher tells me everyday that she doesn't think that Bryson has autism. LOL (laughing out loud) WHAT??? Then what does he have? Well, his teacher and his old therapist that will be working with him again totally agree that they don't think that Bryson has autism. They both think that Bryson has PDD-NOS. WHAT, what is that? GREAT more research...WELL, in a short version it's where PDD kids are just a little more advanced than autism kids. They aren't as server. YES, I was SO happy to hear this, you don't even understand. His teacher and therapist both said that Bryson is learning so quick, he wants to learn and that he try's when they teach him stuff. That is AWESOME! For most autistic kids you almost have to do headstands just to get them to look at you, not my Bryson. He has AWESOME eye contact and understand VERY well and learns fast. Anyways, autism is good for us right now cause them we can get all the services that we need for him. Bryson will get re diagnosed when he turns 7 anyways, that's what they say anyways. Which is good for now anyways.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

wow nancy~ i dont have anything to say but that i will pray for you, it does sound like everything is going good though. i agree that bryson wouldn't be severe he totally doesn't ignore people or anything and if you have ever met him you know right away he is smart. praying for you after i get off!

Nevada said...

I'm confident that he'll be ok, an everything else will be too...You are doing EVERYTHING that you can...miracles happen everyday day, I know Bryson will be one too :D xoxo, not just 4 you momma but brycee too ~*mwha*~