So, about a month ago we had an appt. at a place where they do horse therapy ( hippo therapy). I was SO excited cause Bryson LOVES the horse. When we had went to Wisconsin to visit Grandma and Grandpa Lager, their neighbors asked us if we wanted to take the kids riding on their horses. They had 13 horse and a HUGE ranch. Of course we said YES! I wanted to see how Bryson was going to do on them, cause I really wanted him to do the hippo therapy. So when we first got their he was a little nervous and didn't want to get on them. He screamed a little and scared the horse..so they were scared of each other...lol. SO of course I had to get on their with him and he did FINE, in fact he ended up LOVING it! He didn't even want to get off when it was time to leave. When we had gotten back to grandma's he was SO relaxed it was crazy. So I knew that he would just LOVE the hippo therapy at home.
So back to the appt. that we had a month ago. It's right down the street and I was SO excited that they were going to take us and our insurance...WOOO HOOO! Until I got their with Bryson, and they said "OH sorry, someone made a mistake we don't take your insurance and if you want to do this, your going to have to pay cash"! OK, I was PISSED off. I was SO MAD! First of all their is NO way that we can pay out of pocket, it's WAY to much HELLO! And so I just got Bryson and left upset. So I called Clint and was crying to him while he was at work. Well, he started telling the guys at work and they were like "WHAT, that is stupid". Well, one of the guys, Bob he is a sweet heart, told Clint that his brother knows some people who do the something and that they love to help kids like Bryson. Clint called me up REAL quick and told me. OMG I was SO happy and thought WOW their really are awesome nice people out their. Come to find out, I knew of this place but didn't think that we were ever able to go their cause it is kind of a ways and they ONLY take cash, funding or sponsorship, no insurance. So I never really had looked much into it after knowing all that. So Clint said that we just got sponsored..OMG WHAT??? I called them SO fast and told them that we are sponsored, they told me to get all the paperwork done and then they could set him up. Well, after getting all the paperwork done and signed we were well on our way to hippo therapy...YAY! I was SO excited for Bryson! I just knew that he would LOVE IT! So I got a phone call on Thursday Feb. 19th and she wanted us to come in that eve. at 4:30...we are SO their. Of course their was still some confusion about the sponsorship, but we are getting past that and are just going to use our funding for it now.
Anyways, Thursday Feb. 109th at 4:30pm was Bryson's first day on Strawberry the horse. His little eyes lit up when he saw the horse, he was SO happy! He LOVED it. He also LOVED the big dogs that where their as well. So Nana has decided that she is going to get Bryson his own riding hat now...What a GREAT Nana. Here are some pictures of Bryson's first day of eval. on the horse. Megan is his therapist and their is a team of 4 ALWAYS with him. Just look at his face, he has a smile on the WHOLE time! The test him to check his balance and understanding. the check alot of stuff to see what he knows and he ability. This is truly a blessing to do!
1 comment:
i have so heard of this kind of therapy before, i am glad he loved it, i think all kids would love this! ")
Post a Comment